Self Defense and Martial Arts Instruction
Gillette, Wyoming - Green River, Wyoming - Miles City, Montana
The White Tiger Martial Arts System was established in 1992 by Charles Buckner. It is a "Hybrid Karate Style" based primarily on Kenpo Karate, Aikido and Jujutsu. Together with several talented instructors, Charles Buckner has been teaching this style of martial arts and self defense to children and adults from all walks of life.
Things that many martial arts instructors won’t tell you.
- Unless you accept that martial arts are a lifelong pursuit, you will not likely get to black belt.
- Martial arts and self-defense are two completely different things.
- You will be confused repeatedly.
- You will suffer annoying injuries.
- All instructors are human. They are not invincible.
- Although you learn in class what to practice and how to practice it, almost all your progression will be the result of practicing at home.
- You will spend months and in some cases years with the same belt around your waist.
- They will accept your money and keep teaching you if you show up but unless you commit decades or more accurately the rest of your life to the martial arts, you will only see the tip of the ice berg.
- Many martial arts styles will teach you “cookie cutter” self-defense. You will likely have to seek out an alternative panic inducing, adrenaline pumping and life changing lesson plan that will be painful at times.
- We are not a belt factory. We don’t charge for testing or promotions. Hard work gets you your next rank.
- We don’t promote anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) to black belt.
- Teaching our students how to teach and encouraging them to become instructors with students of their own is part of what we do. Indeed, it’s in our philosophy of the individuals growth in the martial arts.
- Our self-defense material is panic inducing and adrenaline pumping. It is a life changing lesson plan that will be painful at times.
4 MINUTE WORKOUT THAT'S LIKE AN HOUR AT THE GYM
WHEN YOU HAVE SURPASSED THE BASIC PLANK
Check out the Featured Martial Artist (Sensei Andreya) on our Items of Interest Page